6.17.2011

Queso Stuffed Chicken Tacos

Queso. Food of the gods. Or so I like to think. What can't be made better with a little queso? My answer, nothing. It's funny... Stan hates queso. To him, queso isn't real cheese. I quote, "Give me real cheese or don't give it to me at all." He's what I call a cheese-elitest. But back to me. I love queso. And like everyone I have dreams about food involving queso. Wait. You mean you don't dream about queso covered food. Weird. Anyways Taco Bell used to make the most amazing taco called the Grande Soft Shell. It was two soft shells stuck together with delicious queso then filled with taco bell deliciousness. I'm not sure if there is a better fat food-I mean fast food. I wanted to make my own version of this but with chicken. And with store bought queso... Here's the recipe.



Queso Stuffed Chicken Tacos
1 lb. cooked chicken
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 jar Queso-or homemade if you're feeling adventurous
hard corn taco shells
soft flour taco shells
taco fixings of your choice

Once chicken is cooked to your liking add taco seasoning, cook according to directions on package.
Warm 1 soft shell cover with queso (or in Stan's case, cheddar).

Place 1 hard shell on top of queso/cheddar.


Wrap soft shell around hard shell.
Add chicken and top with your favorite taco fixings. Normally I like lettuce on my taco's but lately the vegetable drawer in my fridge as been a grave yard for fresh veggies. whoops!

Total Queso Word Count: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment