I have issues with most "lemonade" these days. It tastes so artificial. Whether it is the powder or syrup it's all just gross. So whenever I find a place that offers homemade fresh lemonade I can't help myself... I have to have some!
It's been hot the last few days. I mean hot. All I wanted was some lemonade... so I made some.
I'd never made homemade lemonade before, so when I went to the store to get my lemons I was nervous about how many to buy. So I bought 10 of them. Which turned out to be just the right amount, as none of the lemons were particularly juicy. Anyways here's the recipe. It's on the sweeter side so I ended up adding about 9 cups of water and 2 cups lemon juice. It really all just depends on how you prefer yours. Experiment!
Old Fashioned Lemonade
1 3/4 cup sugar
8 cups water
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
In a saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water.
Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar.
Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Meanwhile juice lemons.
Remove the seeds from the lemon juice, but leave the pulp.
In pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice and remaining water.


No comments:
Post a Comment