6.17.2011

Janeen's Chocolate Cake

This may be the best chocolate cake... Ever! Don't believe me? Make it for yourself. Then you'll be on my side and we won't need to argue. 


I should probably come clean. I don't really care for chocolate. There I said it. Call me crazy if you must but it just doesn't do it for me. With that being said, I do eat it. Occasionally. When I do decide to eat some I make sure it's worth my time. This cake is oh so totally worth my time. Plus it's easy. Like so easy it should be illegal that this cake is this GOOD. Stan had to take a picture and send it to his friends to rub it in their faces good. My only issue with this recipe as it stands is with the frosting. Don't get me wrong is was pretty good, I just wanted something as amazing as the cake. So I've begun my chocolate frosting search... Once I find it. You'll be the first to know.

Janeen's Chocolate Cake
(adapted from WhipperBerry)

1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg. of chocolate pudding (small 3.9 oz. box)

Prepare cake as directed on box adding the sour cream, pudding, and chocolate chips.
Mix well.
Pour into 2 9-inch round baking pans.
Bake as directed on box. You may need to add a few minutes to baking time because of the extra ingredients.
Let cool on a wire rack.



Janeen's Chocolate Frosting
1 cup butter, room temperature
3 oz. Ghirardelli 100% cocoa chocolate bar
4-5 cups powdered sugar
Milk

Chop chocolate. Place in double boiler until melted.
Cream together butter, chocolate, and 4 cups of powered sugar.
Add milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
Combine until creamy.
Adding more powdered sugar and milk until it is the consistency and taste you want.

Place one layer of cooled caked on plate.
Cover with layer of frosting.
Place last cake layer on top and frost entire cake, covering top and sides.



No comments:

Post a Comment