6.09.2011

Banana Cake

Bananas + Cake = Great Decision

I attended a family wedding a few months ago that had a banana groom's cake. I was a little apprehensive to try it but boy am I glad I did. It was amazing! Like banana bread but light and fluffy!  I constantly dreamt of it afterwards... And I mean constantly. And then I found this recipe. I made it that same week. I just had to have it again. It's a quick and simple cake with delicious results.

Banana Cake with Vanilla Frosting
(adapted from ButterYum)

Cake:
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 mashed super ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Frosting:
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar

To make cake:
Preheat the oven to 375F (350F if using a glass pan).
Cream together sugar, sour cream, egg, and 2 tablespoons softened butter.
Add mashed bananas and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Add flour, salt, and baking soda; mix well.
Pour into greased 9x9 pan.
Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool completely before frosting.

To make frosting:
Cream butter and confectioner's sugar together until smooth.
Slowly add the heavy cream; beat until smooth.
Stir in the vanilla until fully incorporated.
Spread on cooled cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment