As long as I can remember I've been searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie (CCC). You know what I mean... Crispy on the edges, chewy on the inside, buttery, and pretty. I'm all about aesthetics. Anyways...
A buttery CCC is crucial. Through my many attempts at buttery CCC goodness, my cookies have always turned out looking more like cow pies than the perfect cookies. But that all changed when I found this recipe. I just knew it would result in the prefect chocolate chip cookie. And I was right.
I altered the recipe a little. I decreased the flour to 3 1/2 cups from 4 cups and used milk chocolate chips rather than semi-sweet. I mean seriously... who really uses semi-sweet??! Also I always add an extra splash of vanilla and dash of salt.
The Prefect CCC
(adapted from Betty Crocker's Buttery CCC)
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package milk chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350ºF.
Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
Add flour, baking soda and salt.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
No comments:
Post a Comment