11.28.2011

Fluffernutter Cupcakes (the remix)


You don't know it yet but I'm about to do you a big favor. What is it you may ask? I'm introducing you to Biscoff Spread. Don't question, just go to your nearest supermarket and pick up a jar of it. Better yet, pick up at least three. It's an alternative to peanut butter that is nut free. And it is literally heaven in the form of a creamy spread packaged in a jar. It has it's own creamy sweetness that I cannot put into words. Just trust me and try it as soon as humanly possible.

When I saw the recipe for these little lovelies I instantly knew I'd be replacing the called for peanut butter with biscoff spread. Best.Decision.Ever.

I've never really been into cupcakes. Okay wait, let me rephrase that... I've never really been into making fancy cupcakes. Up until these cupcakes I've always just been fine with buying a box of cake mix and making classic little funfetti cupcakes. Pretty sure I'll never be able to go back to boxed cupcakes. I'm hooked on fluffy homemade cupcakes with piles of homemade buttercream. My waistline hates me for this.

If you are unable to find Biscoff Spread, use creamy peanut butter.
Oh and did I mention that the buttercream on these is marshmallow? Hello? Is there anything better?



Fluffernutter Cupcakes (the remix)
(Adapted from How Sweet It Is)


1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup biscoff spread
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter morsels
2/3 cup marshmallow fluff

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with cupcake liners.

In a large bowl cream together butter and biscoff until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and eggs and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix for another minute.

Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add milk, mix well. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

Gently fold in peanut butter morsels and marshmallow fluff.

Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes. 
Cool completely before frosting.

Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter, softened
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
3 cups powdered sugar

In a medium sized bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add marshmallow fluff and beat for 3 more minutes, add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar until fully incorporated. Beat for 2-3 more minutes. If too thin, add a little more sugar until it reaches desired consistency. If too thick, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches desired consistency. Frost cooled cupcakes. Drizzle with biscoff frosting, recipe follows.

Biscoff Frosting
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/4 cup Biscoff Spread
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tsp. milk, if needed

In a medium sized bowl, beat butter and biscoff spread until creamy. Add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes (occasionally scraping sides of bowl). If too thick, add milk and beat until combined. Drizzle over frosted cupcakes.
Note: You could also use the Biscoff frosting to fill your cupcakes if desired. But to be honest these cupcakes don't really need a filling.


Apparently, I have giant sized forks. Something I was unaware of prior to this picture. Don't let that fool you though... these cupcakes are the perfect size. No minis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment