I may or may not be watching Tim Allen in The Santa Clause as we speak.
I may or may not have watched Elf at least once I week for the last three weeks.
I may or may not have already started my Christmas cards.
I may or may not have been planning my Thanksgiving dinner for the last month.
I may or may not have browsed hundreds of pins on Pinterest about the Holidays.
I may or may not be obsessed with the Holidays.
I'll leave it up to you to determine the validity of the above statements.
Also something I've been looking forward to this year is Christmas baking. Every year for as long as I can remember my family and I have gathered sometime right before Christmas day and baked until our entire house is full of goodies. I'm thinking that this year I am going to assemble little goodie bags of multiple yummy ooey gooey baked goods. And these brownies are definitely on the list of Christmas baking to-dos.
I made a pan of these to surprise Stan. And low and behold he says, "These are alittle busy tasting. But thanks for the surprise." I grabbed the whole pan from him and stormed off saying, "What do you know?" Then took them to work where they were promptly gobbled up by people with more refined pallets than my fiance's. I should have known he would say this, he always asks for simpler treats. One day I swear I'll listen.
Better than Crack Brownies
(Recipe from How Sweet Eats)
1 box brownies
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1 cup chopped Reese's peanut butter cups (I used closer to 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Mix brownies according to directions and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9x13 baking dish.
Once time has finished, top with peanut butter cups and peanuts, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
Meanwhile melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Stir in cereal.
Remove brownies from oven and and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment