11.11.2011

Cheddar Bay Biscuits


Did your heart skip a beat when you read the title of this post? Because it should have.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits at home? Yes please.

I've long believed that the worst part about going to Red Lobster is when you ask for a second (ummm... or third) basket of cheddar bay biscuits and getting the judging looks from the server. In my head I'm yelling, "Don't judge me. I rarely come to your crappy chain restaurant and when I do, I want as many cheddar bay biscuits as I want!" But in real life I'm saying, "Yes we'll have some more biscuits. Thanks!"

When I pulled these little babies out of the oven I said, "Yes, please I'll have another. And another. And another." I most definitely ate three of these as my dinner. Well I added a baby sized salad with way too many fixings to consider it healthy. Did I regret my dinner decision. Not for a second.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits
(Recipe from gimme some oven)


2 cups Bisquick
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (thick shredded, not finely)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2/3 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, cheese, and garlic powder. Add milk, stir until well combined... dough will be sticky.

Shape dough into desired size balls/clumps, and drop on prepared baking sheet. Dough doesn't change shape or expand much while cooking so feel free to place fairly close together (I fit about 15 on my pan).


Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until biscuits begin to brown on the edges.


As biscuits are baking, prepare butter mixture by mixing together melted butter, oregano, and garlic salt. As soon as biscuits are removed from oven, brush butter mixture until very well coated. Serve warm.




Try only having one. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment