For the
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
I've found it!
Do you ever read a recipe and think to yourself, "Why in the world didn't I think of that?" I did that with this recipe. I mean honestly... Why didn't I think of cooking a pork chop in broth? Seriously.
This is the perfect weeknight meal. For start to finish I think it took me 30 minutes. Beat that Rachel Ray! Okay well she usually does beat that but I'm still quite impressed with this meal.
Last thing. The pictures of this in NO WAY do the recipe justice. This is so delicious that I am slightly ashamed of the pictures that accompany it.
Braised Pork Chops
(Recipe adapted from no reEATS)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 boneless center cut pork chops, about 2" thick
kosher salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 Tbsp. spicy grainy mustard
2 Tbsp. butter
Heat a large sized saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and saute chopped shallots for 3 minutes, add garlic and saute for another minute. Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper, add to pan, browning on both sides.
Add the chicken stock and cover pan. Lower the heat slightly and cook for 20-25 minutes.
After that time, take chops out of pan and set aside. Add evaporated milk and mustard to broth. Bring to a light simmer for about a minute. Right before serving, whisk in cold butter. Serve pork chops over mashed potatoes and cover with a generous helping of the creamy sauce.
Okay so I apologize for the next two pictures in advance... I was attempting to show how juicy and moist these were but now that I look at them again, they sorta just look gross. Whoops!
these look so delicious, i can smell them from here!! (here, being my desk at work... where i sit in a tryptophan haze left over from Christmas Day!) speaking of which... got anymore of that coconut banana cream pie!?? :0]
ReplyDelete