12.05.2011

White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce


Santa came early and I got my brand new Nikon D5100 camera!!!! Okay so it wasn't Santa it was my amazing fiance Stan! He is the best! I am so happy about it... over the moon elated, in fact that I can't stop smiling. And the fact that I have about 7 recipes to share with you before I can start sharing my new pictures is KILLING me! I have been taking so many pictures of Buster that you'd think he was famous. But he doesn't seem to mind. I'll start sharing some of those soon maybe.

Okay on to this AH-mazing chicken enchiladas recipe. They are seriously the best chicken enchiladas I've ever had. This is the recipe that has gone viral on Pinterest... and for great reason. Phenomenal! Not lying. And the best part... There are only 9 ingredients. It makes you wonder (well it makes me wonder) how all that goodness can come from 9 ingredients.

You must add this to your weeknight meal rotation immediately. The green chili sour cream sauce is creamy and flavor packed, something you don't expect when you take your first bite. But trust me, you'll love it!

White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce
(Recipe from Let's Dish)

6-8 flour tortillas, medium sized
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1-4 oz. can diced green chilies
Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish

Cook chicken and shred or dice. Or to save even more time, buy a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it at home. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.

Mix chicken with 1 cup of the cheese and distribute the mixture evenly between your tortillas (I only used 6 since I was making this for 2, but you can make up to 8 without doubling the recipe). Roll up the tortillas and place seam side down in prepared pan.


In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and whisk for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Over medium heat continue cooking until sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and diced green chilies. Pour the sauce in an ever layer over the prepared enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.



Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let sit 5 minutes before cutting and serving, sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment