8.18.2011

S'mores Bars


Every year it starts with spring training and doesn't end until October... Anyone know what I'm talking about? Baseball. I'm crazy for baseball  and more importantly I'm crazy for my Red Sox. Some of you may ask, "Why the Red Sox? Are you from the East Coast?" No, I'm not. I'm just a girl from Montana who fell in love with baseball at the tender age of 8 while watching a Red Sox vs. Braves game on TBS. And ever since then it's been all about the boys of summer. This brings me to my next point to share...

The Sandlot. One of my top 5 favorite movies of all time... maybe one of the top 5 movies ever made. Well at least according to me. Weren't Benny and Yeah Yeah just so darn cute? My little brothers and I watched that movie at least 4 times a week. I'm fairly positive they could still repeat the movie word for word if you asked them too. I couldn't tell you how many times a week I go around saying, "You're killing me, smalls!" or "FORRREVVVERR" or "L, 7, Weenie." You get the point. My favorite line though has to be "You're killing me, smalls." The chubby ginger, Ham, asks Scotty Smalls if he wants a S'more. Smalls responds with, "Some more of what?" (Insert my giggles here)

S'mores are an American institution. They go hand and hand with summer, and therefore with baseball (according to me). Enough with my rambling... Here's the recipe already. Which by the way Stan said was better than an actual fire roasted S'more. Something I don't agree with but they are pretty darn delicious!



S'mores Bars
(Original Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything)


1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 king sized Hershey's milk chocolate bars
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (7 1/2 oz jar)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix on low speed until combined.

Divide dough in half and press one half of dough into the bottom of the greased pan. Place chocolate bars over dough.

2 king sized Hershey bars should fit perfectly side by side, 
but if necessary break chocolate to make it fit.

Spread marshmallow creme or fluff over chocolate. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of fluff. Use the same technique from the Caramel Chocolate Brownies and create disks of dough and place them on top of fluff.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting. 


Ooey-Gooey Deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment