8.28.2011

Farmer's Casserole

I have 2 big announcements... Okay so they aren't that big I just like to think they are.

The first one.
I just started a Facebook page for Sharon Moore Recipes. If you have Facebook, do me a favor and like it! And tell your friends and it and my actual blog! Thanks so much!

And the second one.
I think I'm at a point in my life where I'm ready to say...
that breakfast is my favorite meal.
There. I've said it.

It can be sweet or savory or sometimes both.
I mean how many other meals can do that? Um. None.

Anyways...

Whenever my rather large family gathers for some sort of get together I am always the decision maker. I don't know how are why this has happened (read-I'm the pushiest one in my family so I constantly text, call, and talk to everyone until they show up).

The last time some of us were together was when Stan and I were on vacation at Flathead Lake. I volunteered to be in charge of breakfast one morning... Which naturally meant that I would be making something that allowed me to sleep in as late as possible. So the first thing that came to my mind was an egg bake. I mean they have eggs, cheese, and hash browns so how could I go wrong, right? Right!

I chefed (this isn't a word but I'm making it one, to be used on my blog from now on) this up the night before and popped it in the oven the next morning and BAM! Yummy breakfast with all the work done the night before.

Farmer's Casserole
Serves 12


1 bag frozen hash browns
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk
4-6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
Red Bell Pepper
Cucumber
Celery
Onion
Any other veggies you have on hand

Cook bacon. Cool slightly and crumble, set aside.
Use bacon grease to cook chopped onions until soft. Set aside.

Add eggs and milk in medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Add 1/2 cup cheese, all veggies, and bacon and mix again.


Grease a 9x13 pan. Place entire bag of frozen hash browns in pan. Pour egg mixture over the hash browns. Stir to combine and layer everything. Cover with remaining cup of cheese.


Cover with foil and place in refrigerator over night. The next morning preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Keep foil on pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Check after timer goes off. It will most likely need to cook for about 15 minutes more with the foil off. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes. Slice.




No comments:

Post a Comment