8.09.2011

Ravioli Lasagna


Sorry it's been a while since I've posted... Stan and I are in the middle of moving and we're on vacation. Who goes on vacation in the middle of moving??? We do... Weird I know.

I used to think I was a picky eater. That all changed while browsing through my old posts and apparently I love a lot of food. And I tell you all about it. 

I am not about to stop the trend with this post. I love ravioli! My love of ravioli started with Chef Boyardee. You know exactly what I'm talking about... Don't you! In fact I recall a night out with my girlfriends not so long ago that ended with a can of chef boyardee ravioli. It's canned deliciousness! 

I've barely graduated above chef boyardee. I love the frozen ravioli you can get from the store. It's so simple and tastes pretty darn good. That frozen ravioli actually inspired this recipe idea. I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this but it was new to me... Using ravioli as a substitute for lasagna noodles in lasagna.


Ravioli Lasagna

2 packages frozen ravioli, large square or octagon shaped in your choice of flavor
1 jar marinara sauce, your favorite brand and flavor
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella 
1 lb. ground chuck
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook ravioli until soft but still a little firm to the bite, drain. Cook meat until no longer pink, drain fat. 

In a square 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish pour enough marinara to cover bottom of pan. Lay enough raviolis down to cover the pan, it took 9 for me. Cover ravioli with 1/3 of the marinara, half of the meat. and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.


Repeat process using another 9 raviolis, 1/3 of marinara and cheese and the remaining meat. Cover with last 9 raviolis and the last of sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. 


Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 400 degree F oven.

Remember to set your timer or you'll end up with ravioli lasagna that gets cooked for a few too many minutes. Oh well it was still delicious! Next time I make this I'm going to glam it up with some seasoning so feel free to do it on your own.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment