Can anyone get the males in their life to eat spinach? I personally don't know a single man that would voluntarily eat spinach. When I saw this recipe I knew I'd love it and Stan wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. And boy was I right!
The original recipe makes a steakhouse-esque sirloin mushroom burger. I opted for a Juicy Lucy with Swiss and the delicious creamed spinach over the burger and a toasted bun. And like I said earlier I loved it and Stan wouldn't come near it.
Swiss Stuffed Burger with Creamed Spinach Sauce
(Original Recipe from Pink Parsley)
Burger:
See above Juicy Lucy Link.
Simply substitute Swiss cheese for the cheddar.
Sauce: (makes 2 cups)
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup minced onion
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 cup half-and-half, maybe more if needed
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt & pepper
pinch ground cayenne pepper
pinch ground nutmeg
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 tbsp. grated Parmesan
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Grill burgers according to Juicy Lucy directions. While the burgers are cooking begin the spinach sauce.
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Stir the flour into the butter and onions and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the half-and-half, chicken broth, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne. Bring sauce to a simmer, reduce heat and continue to simmer for about 2 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.
Add in the spinach, stirring until wilted. Mix in the Parmesan and lemon juice. Add more half-and-half if sauce thickened too much. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the burgers on top of a toasted bun. Top with the spinach sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve immediately.
I don't know about you but this burger speaks to me and my tummy...
And it speaks the language of delicious! (I just made that up in case you couldn't tell)
No comments:
Post a Comment