I've been looking over my recipes and I've realized that Stan and I don't venture far from what we like. What can I say, we know what we like. To try anything new around here I pretty much have to starve Stan so that he is hungry enough to eat whatever I put in front of him. Sadly he has smartened up recently and when he really doesn't want to eat something new he orders pizza. Darn technology and my smart fiance.
After a few days of being mildly adventurous with our dinner menu every now and then I throw our favorite tried and true recipes into the mix. One thing I can always count on Stan eating, Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know I've already posted my favorite CCC recipe, but this recipe comes from The New York Times and is by far the best cookie I've ever had. Salty, sweet, crispy, soft, crunchy, and chewy all in one. Every time I make these I have to get them out of the house immediately... in the form of cookie care packages to my favorites.
Quick tip!
Stan and I have decided that we like these cookies best when I use mini chocolate chips, you don't have to waste money on the fancy chocolate chips that the original recipe calls for. Use mini semi-sweet chips and you won't be disappointed.
NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Recipe from NY Times)
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
1 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 pounds bittersweet chocolate disks, at least 60 percent cacao content (or mini semi-sweet chips)
Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla, mix again. Reduce mixer speed to low, slowly adding dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Add chocolate pieces and gently stir. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
Once ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with nonstick baking mat or parchment paper.
Scoop cookie dough into large tablespoon sized balls, place on prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly with sea or course salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, or about 9-11 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment