2.16.2012

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff



I think I've tired to write this post about 5 different times. I don't know what it is DARN WRITER'S BLOCK! So rather than attempt to be witty, funny, and charming like I normally am. I'm just going to give you the goods...
Make this before the winter turns to spring. This is a meal that will warm both your tummy and your soul. It's comforting, homey, and down right yummy.
Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
(Recipe from Blissfully Delicious)


2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 shallots, minced
1/4 cup tomato paste
3/4 cup dry white wine
1-5 lb. boneless beef chuck-eye roast, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
10 oz. white button mushrooms, quartered
2 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup minute Tapioca
1/2 oz. dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed and minced
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp. Dijon mustard

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add onions, tomato paste and 1/4 tsp. salt and cook until onions are softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the wine, scraping browned bits off the bottom of the pan

Transfer onion mixture into slow cooker insert and add meat, both types of mushrooms, chicken broth, soy sauce, and tapioca. Stir until well combined. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 9-11 hours.

Once meat is tender, gently tilt insert and spoon off as much fat as possible off the surface of stew liquid. Stir 1 cup of the stew liquid into sour cream to temper, stir sour cream mixture back into insert. Add mustard, stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste, serve over noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment