So I don't know about you but I'm a sucker for good commercials. Oh, the latest newest greatest mascara ever, gotta have it. Sale at my favorite store, you better believe I will be there. New food to try at the grocery store, it just moved to the top of my list. I am literally an advertiser's dream. I buy almost anything... given it has a great commercial. Except I can say that due to my lack of funds the one item I have yet to buy based on a commercial. A car. Don't think I'm not dreaming though.
I first saw a commercial for Philadelphia Cooking Creme sometime near the beginning of the year. It was when I was still living with my parents while I was student teaching. I was helping my mom put away the groceries when I pulled a carton of the yummy looking creme out of the bag to put in the fridge. I immediately looked at my mom and said, "Oh my gosh I've been dying to try this." So we (and by we I mean my mom, while I sat on a stool and continued to chit chat about my day spent teaching) cooked up a simple chicken and noodle dish and we tried out the cooking creme. While everything was cooking we discussed what we should do with it. I think we ended up with a chicken and pasta dish coated in one of the flavors of the cooking creme. It was definitely a good easy dinner but I kept thinking about how it could be jazzed up.
This time living back with my parents was also the time I fell in love with quick weeknight meals. I mean it was the first time I had been a working woman. I got home before my parents and siblings so I usually took it upon myself to make dinner for everyone. The idea of having to cook up a meal of great complexity after working all day was not appealing in the least bit. I may not be a full time working woman at the moment, I still love me a quick weeknight meal.
This meal is super quick and a great addition to anyone's weeknight meal plan.
Italian Chicken and Creamy Pasta
For the chicken:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
For the Pasta & Sauce:
1 12 oz. package bowtie noodles-farfalle
1 10 oz. container Philadelphia Cooking Creme-Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup whole milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a shallow dish combine cheese, dressing mix, and garlic powder. Mix well. Moisten chicken breasts with water (or milk) and dip into dressing mixture. Place in 9x13 baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Meanwhile, begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
Once pasta has finished cooking, drain and set aside for just a few minutes.
Over medium heat in a large skillet, combine chicken broth, cooking creme, cream of chicken soup, and milk. Whisk all together until it begins to bubble and is warmed thoroughly. Add cooked noodles and coat in creme mixture.
Once chicken is cooked, slice and serve of helping of noodles. Serve with a salad and piece of toasted French Bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment