10.15.2011

Cheddar & Brown Sugar Cornbread Muffins


When I lived in Bozeman I worked as a server and bartender at Famous Dave's BBQ. Prior to working there I had never eaten there, but over the four years I worked there I fell in love with a handful of goodies. One of them being their cornbread muffins. For years now I've been searching for the perfect cornbread recipe... one that would come close to Famous Dave's.

This recipe is nothing like Famous Dave's but it is delicious in it's own right. And so far in my search I'd say this is the best.

But I'm posing a question to everyone out there. Anyone have a recipe for Famous Dave's cornbread muffins? Also what is the secret for perfect moist cornbread?

Cheddar & Brown Sugar Cornbread Muffins
(Original Recipe from How Sweet It Is)


1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup finely ground cornmeal
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup creamed corn
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup heavy cream or half & half
1 egg
1/3 cup finely grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder; mix well. Add egg, corn, heavy cream, melted butter, and milk stirring until smooth. Gently fold in cheddar cheese. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick baking spray; using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon batter into each muffin tin. This recipe makes 12 muffins. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until tops are golden and muffins are cooked thoroughly. Serve while still warm with butter and honey or better yet freshly whipped cinnamon honey butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment