Stan and I have been living in our new place for about 2 months now. I finally just got the garage unpacked and all that is left is my office/woman cave. How come woman cave doesn't have the ring to it that man cave has? Totally unfair. Anyways... I know what you're thinking. 2 months and you're still not finished unpacking. I completely agree. But there have just been so many other things to do instead. Like catching up on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, setting up the DVR for all of the upcoming season premieres, decorating our house, going to the gym 5 days a week, taking Buster to the dog park, getting Stan ready for school every day, and most importantly baking and cooking. I mean that is a packed schedule if you ask me. Okay it isn't. Not in the slightest. But this is the first and longest time I have been without a job since I was 15 so I'm trying to enjoy all the down time and live not so rushed. So back to unpacking... The kitchen was the first thing to be unpacked and put away nicely I'll have you know. Is that a surprise to anyone? Well it shouldn't be if you're getting to know me at all, like I hope you are. I'd love to get to know you too. Keep commenting, comments make me happy! I'll keep you updated on the woman cave/office unpacking.
While in the midst of all that said unpacking I got a craving for chocolate. Which if you know me at all, is RARE. I mean rare. I don't really like chocolate. Unless it's in the form of a brownie. So when I do get an unusual chocolate craving I tend to whip up some sort of brownie. These did a pretty darn good job at fulfilling my chocolate craving. The original recipe suggested serving them with Haagen-Dazs White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream, since I had everything but this needed for the brownies I decided to substitute the suggested ice cream for what we had on hand. And while the Haagen-Dazs paired with these sounds divine, any ice cream paired with these are delicious!
Raspberry Truffle Brownies
(Original Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. vanilla
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped dark chocolate truffles (I used Lindt)
1 cup fresh raspberries
Ice Cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low-medium heat. Add sugar and stir to combine. Stir until the mixture is smooth and shiny (about 1 minute). Pour sugar mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in cocoa, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Add the eggs and stir until smooth. Add flour and stir just until flour disappears. Gently fold in the chopped truffles.
Gently spoon brownie batter into prepared pan. Gently place raspberries on top of the batter.
Bake brownies for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or has just a few moist crumbs on it. The brownies should feel set on the edges and the center should look moist, but not uncooked. Remove brownies from oven and cool completely on wire rack before cutting and serving with a scoop of ice cream.
Yum!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment