Happy Easter to you all! I hope your day was blessed and filled with those you love. For the first time that I can remember I didn't dye eggs. I have been so busy I didn't realize that I had run out off time to dye them. I did however find a new way to dye eggs that involves silk neck ties. I will be trying it this week, mainly because I want to see how it works and also because I love hard boiled eggs. Who says you can't dye eggs after Easter?
Easter makes me think of brunch.
Brunch makes me think of eggs, bacon, french toast, and coffee.
Coffee makes me think of coffee cake.
And coffee cake makes me drool.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
(Recipe adapted from gimme some oven)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
6 oz. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
topping ingredients:
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add egg, beat well.
In a separate bowl, stir together pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla. Mix until combined.
Pour half of the batter into a greased 9x9 inch pan, sprinkle with half of the topping. Add remainder of batter and sprinkle again with remaining topping.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment