4.17.2012

Cheesy Vegetable Chowder



Need an idea for lunch that isn't takeout? This chowder is it! I swear! It is super easy, takes less than an hour to make, and reheats like a gem. And honestly who doesn't love soup for lunch? You all know I do! This sort of reminds me of Panera's Broccoli Cheddar soup... gosh that sounds good. I think after I finish this I'm going to go get a bread bowl of it. Or maybe make this soup again. Decisions. Decisions.

Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
(Recipe from Lulu the Baker)


2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup carrot, finely chopped
2 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth (you can use vegetable stock if you want to make this a vegetarian meal)
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup milk
2 cups broccoli, chopped
2 heaping cups shredded cheddar cheese

Melt butter in large stock pot. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Saute over medium heat until tender. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender. Mix flour with water and add to broth mixture. Allow to simmer until soup is slightly thickened. Add milk and broccoli and cook until broccoli just starts to get tender and soup is heated through. Stir in cheese, allow to melt, and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment