4.29.2012

Crunchy Oven-Fried Four Cheese Ravioli


I don't know about you, but I love me some ravioli. I have about 5 bookmarked homemade ravioli recipes. BUT I'm slightly terrified of making homemade pasta. I have the best intentions, often, to try and make pasta. But I always chicken out. I don't know why, but I do.

In order to continue my vow to improve this blog, and my cooking.
I WILL be attempting to make pasta sometime soon...
after I get a pasta attachment for my mixer.

See how I procrastinated there. I'm the best at procrastinating.
Hence the reason I regularly buy frozen ravioli.

Crunchy Oven-Fried Four Cheese Ravioli
(Recipe from How Sweet It Is)


1 lb. frozen four cheese ravioli
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 3/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese + more for topping
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
marinara sauce for dipping

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick baking mat or aluminum foil and place a wire rack (sprayed with non-tick cooking spray) on top. Add egg whites in one shallow dish. In a larger shallow dish mix flour, panko, breadcrumbs, Romano, salt, and pepper.

Bring water to boil and cook ravioli for half of the recommended time. Drain, quickly spray ravioli with nonstick spray. Allow to cool. Once cool to touch, dip each ravioli in egg whites then coat thoroughly with breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared wire rack. Repeat until all raviolis are done. Spray with nonstick spray one last time.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Sprinkle with a little more Romano and serve hot with marinara for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment