So after extensive research I've found one of the best chocolate desserts I've ever had. While Stan and I were in Montana over the holidays we had another couple over for dinner and I made this tasty little nugget. As there was only four of us we didn't eat the whole thing so my family got to indulge in its decadence as well. They enjoyed it so much in fact that by the time I woke up the next day there was only two pieces left.
I made this is a hurry and didn't let the cakes cool completely before I cut them. So my layers were quite fragile and crumbled. Evidence is in this picture...
Whoops!
Also in case you were wondering... this makes a great breakfast over a cup of hot coffee.
This dessert isn't a typical chocolate torte, it has multiple layers of soft fudgy cake topped with light and fluffy brown sugary frosting. It is both airy and decadent at tr
he same time.
Chocolate Torte
(Recipe from WhipperDish)
For the cake:
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
3 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 1/3 cup water
Combine cake ingredients and mix until combined. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans, use cocoa powder to flour the pans so that there is no white film on the cakes. Bake cakes for 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack. After cakes have cooled. Cut cakes in half horizontally making 4 pieces.
For the frosting:
1 pint HEAVY whipping cream (no skimping, must be heavy)
1-8 oz. block cream cheese (also must be full calorie)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
I know you'll be tempted to use light and lower calorie whipping cream and cream cheese but DON'T. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip whipping cream until very thick. In a separate bowl blend together remaining ingredients. Fold whipped cream and cream cheese mixture together.
Now put your cake together. Lay 1 of the 4 cake rounds on a cake stand and frost. Repeat process until cake is completely assembled.
No comments:
Post a Comment